I have an Excel file with Email addresses, how can I use it to send out my surveys via Email?
You have two options: Either send it directly from the Excel file OR Create a list in the system and send it from your newly created list. (We recommend the latter)If you elect to send your surveys via the Excel file, make sure all email addresses are in the first column of your spreadsheet, and the file is saved as either an Excel or .CSV file. If you would like to build a list in Zarca, your spreadsheet must also contain at least one attribute column (an attribute is any other information tied to each Email address, such as name, date of birth, city, etc). If no attribute exists, simply copy the email address column twice and give the header of the new column a different name. To create a list, follow these steps: Click on the Contact Manager button under the Distribute tab. Click New and select List from the drop down.
- Name: Be sure to make it recognizable so that you select the correct list when sending out your invitations. Click Next.
- Additional Fields: These attributes include any information in your spreadsheet that is not the Email address column. So, if you have a column for First Name and another column for Last Name, you have 2 additional attributes. Select (2) columns from the predefined commonly used fields or select Add Custom Fields, and type the name of your attribute columns. Match the attribute type by selecting the appropriate drop down column. If a match does not exist, select OTHER. If you do not have any other attributes other than email address, give the attribute a placeholder name such as EList. Click Next.
- Source: In the dropdown menu, choose Import from File. Click Choose File and locate the file on your computer. Click Next.
- Populate List: If your spreadsheet file has headers (such as the word First Name above all of the names in a column) then check the box to Ignore field heading (First line of your file.) (Also, note the option that allows you to upload duplicates in your list). Next, match the columns on the left with the corresponding dropdown box to the right. When you are finished, click Continue.
Why doesn’t my list appear in the dropdown when trying to use mail merge in my survey email invitation?
If you have built your list in the Contact Manager and it is not showing up as a list you can choose from, it is likely that your list was created using Unique IDs rather than Email addresses. Please recreate your list in the Contact Manager and select Email Address in Step Name, as indicated below.
How do I use mail merge?
Select the survey and click Publish Survey under Distribute, select any of the Publish via Email options and click Continue.
On Step Select Email Message, click Edit template and select Yes for the Mail Merge value in email content under Body section of the left panel, you will have the option to select attributes that you would like to merge into your invite.
When you select an attribute, the code for that attribute will appear below. Copy and paste the entire code directly into the body of your invite – exactly where you would like it to appear. Please be careful to copy the entire code.
You have the ability to mail merge multiple attributes into your invitation (i.e., First Name, Last Name, etc.). Go to Step Mail Merge and map the Mail Merge values. To ensure that mail merge has been implemented correctly, go to Step Send / Schedule Invitation and preview the email message.
Why aren’t my invitations being delivered to my recipients’ inboxes?
There are several reasons why your invitations may not be making it to your recipients’ inboxes.Common reasons include: the person’s inbox is full, their email address was typed incorrectly, their mail server does not accept HTML emails, or the recipients’ server was inaccessible. Emails can also get caught in SPAM filters if they resemble a piece of SPAM mail, so it is important to customize the subject line and body of your invitation message. For more information on this topic, please contact Support.
How do I reschedule my email invitations?
If you have scheduled invitations that you would like to reschedule, you must delete your scheduled invitations in the Track Survey first. To do this, select your survey and click on the Track Survey button under Distribute. Click the Status filter under Original Invitation and select Email Scheduled.
Check the box in the upper left corner of the table to select all scheduled invites on that page, and click delete. You are able to delete 100 invites at a time. (Please be careful not to delete any invitations that have already been sent because this will also deactivate that individual’s survey link, and delete their survey response if they have already taken the survey.)
How do I send invitations to a few people and NOT the entire list?
In Step Source of Email Address of the Publish Survey, choose From a List as the source of your email invite list. In the dropdown that appears beneath, choose the sample size as Selected Email Addresses. Identify the email addresses on the left and click on Add icon to put them in the box to the right. The box on the right will contain the email addresses that will receive survey invitations.
Can I send more than one email invite to the same email address?
Yes, you can send multiple email invitations to the same email address. To do so, when building your List, make sure to allow for duplicate email addresses to be loaded.
How do I send reminders to people I’ve already invited to participate in my survey?
Intelligent Reminders are available only in Unique URL (Single-Use Link) invitations. Under Distribute, select your survey and then click Send Reminder. If you would like to send reminders to only selected Email addresses, check the box to the left of each address and click Send/Schedule Reminder. If you would like to remind everyone, click Send/Schedule Reminder to All. Click OK on the pop-up prompt.
Follow the wizard to send your Reminders immediately or schedule them for later.
I accidentally sent out real invitations to my survey when I meant to send out test invites. Now I need to edit my survey but I’m unable to do so. What should I do?
If the responses you have received are not important for your dataset (for example, the respondents were only reviewing your survey formatting but you aren’t interested in their actual answers) then you can delete their responses to bring your survey back in Edit mode. To delete the responses, follow the steps below:
- In the Distribute tab, select your survey and click Track Survey.
- Here you may select all the email addresses and click Delete. This would delete the invitations as well as the responses. Please note, this action cannot be undone.
If you do not wish to delete the already submitted responses but need to make edits to your survey, please contact Support for details on possible options.
How can I change the name and email address found in my email invitation?
Under Distribute tab, select your survey and click Publish Survey. Select any of the Publish via Email options and click Continue. Select the Email Message and click Edit icon.
In the editor window you will see fields Sender Name and Sender Email Address. The text that you type into these fields will appear in the email invitation that is sent.