The world of Human Resources is filled with caring people who want to do the best for their teams. Still, the overwhelming range of responsibilities — no other profession seems to have so many generalists required to be specialists in everything they encounter! — means that HR leaders are often bogged down by the details and unable to spend enough time and attention focusing on strategies to grow employee engagement.
Enter EX software. For large enterprises and even for smaller teams, experience management tools can be a lifesaver. Automating simple but redundant tasks, providing systematic tracking, and improving workflows with other tools — the more of the automated work that the solution can handle, the more the HR professional is free to deal with the human side of things, right?
While it’s absolutely true that EX software can be a gamechanger, watch out for these three critical mistakes companies make in choosing the right platform.
Three EX Software Mistakes
Catch the complete conversation on this topic from our recent webinar, then catch up on the follow-up action items below!
1: Inability to collect real-time feedback
Watch out for these “Bad EX” warning signs:
- The cookie cutter approach causes employee churn
- “Occasional listening” prompts employees to look elsewhere (review sites…)
Ensure that your EX software:
- Allows you to customize your questions, your delivery, and your analysis
- Supports an always-on approach to grow a culture of listening
2: Siloed data and discrete reports that misinform decision making
Again, the problems with “Bad EX”:
- Asking biased questions delivers biased results
- Allowing only closed-ended options and analysis
- Highlighting low-scoring areas as if they all offer equal paths to improvement
You want EX software that:
- Makes it easy to test, tweak, and get expert reviews
- Empowers open-ended responses and text analysis
- Identifies actionable opportunities for improvement prioritized by impact
3: Results that gather dust – failure to close the loop
“Bad EX” simply doesn’t deliver:
- Low response rates mean insufficient data to inform decisions
- Treating data collection as a mandated chore rather than an opportunity for reflection and analysis
- Inability to close the loop
You need a system that:
- Allows truly anonymous responses and ethical data collection practices
- Encourages customized communication and outreach, as well as sharing results with key decision makers
- Allows you to close the loop on any conversation at any time
EX software can definitely be a gamechanger — but remember that it’s a game you can’t afford to lose. Take care of your employees and your business by avoiding these critical mistakes and finding a solid solution that truly works for you.
Want to connect with us about SoGoEX? Talk to our team today.