Looking for reasons to celebrate? We’ve got plenty!
As our ongoing quest for balance continues, we’re all working through challenges and opportunities — personally, socially, professionally — and it’s always useful to reflect on what’s important, to brighten the mood without striking the wrong chord. Whether you’re seeking inspiration or working on marketing messaging or party planning, we’ve got some suggestions for your July.
Around here, it’s sunny and hot, with humidity punctuated by thunderstorms and occasional fireworks. One of the biggest holidays of the year on the US calendar kicks off the month — although Independence Day on a Sunday means we’re observing (aka celebrating aka taking a day off!) July Fourth on July Fifth!
July is delicious
While July includes National Personal Chef’s Day (16), you don’t need to get fancy! Sure, there’s Caviar Day (18), but it’s also the perfect time for a barbeque! This Picnic Month (and Grilling Month!), what’s on your plate? It’s Hot Dog Month (Hot Dog Day is the 21st), but you might also enjoy Fried Clams Day (3), Barbecued Spareribs Day (4), Fried Chicken Day (6), Macaroni Day (7), French Fry Day (13), Chicken Wing Day (29), and Chili Dog Day (29).
June is refreshing
With all that tasty picnic food, with all those beach days and steamy nights, you’re going to need to cool off. Celebrate National Refreshment Day on July 22, then make room for Pina Colada Day (1o), Mojito Day (11), Strawberry Rhubarb Wine Day (17), and Daiquiri Day (19).
Got something colder in mind? Sure, there’s Freezer Pop Day (8), but you’ve got to recognize National Ice Cream Month. What’s not to love? Enjoy National Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day (1), Strawberry Sundae Day (7), Peach Ice Cream Day (17), Ice Cream Day (18), Vanilla Ice Cream Day (23), Hot Fudge Sundae Day (25), and Coffee Milkshake Day (26). Brain freeze, anyone?
Here’s a longer list of a few more items that might be of interest to you this month.
- July is National Anti-Boredom Month
- July is National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Grilling Month, Baked Beans Month, Hot Dog Month, Picnic Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Peach Month
- National Horseradish Month
- World Watercolor Month
- Independent Retailer Month
Sneak a few weeks into your celebrations, too…
- Be Nice to Jersey Week – First full week in July
- National Farriers Week – Second week in July
- Everybody Deserves a Massage Week – Third week in July
- National Zoo Keeper Week – Third week in July
- National Moth Week – Last week in July
And yes, there are plenty of standout days! To name a few…
- July 1: Canada Day, International Joke Day, National Postal Worker Day
- July 2: Comic Sans Day, I Forgot Day
- July 3: International Day of Cooperatives, National Compliment Your Mirror Day
- July 4: Independence Day
- July 5: National Workaholics Day
- July 6: National Fried Chicken Day
- July 7: World Chocolate Day
- July 8: Be a Kid Again Day
- July 9: Fashion Day
- July 10: National Pina Colada Day
- July 11: All American Pet Photo Day
- July 12: National Simplicity Day
- July 13: Cow Appreciation Day
- July 14: National Mac & Cheese Day
- July 15: National Give Something Away Day
- July 16: National Corn Fritters Day
- July 17: World Emoji Day
- July 18: National Ice Cream Day
- July 19: National Get Out of the Dog House Day
- July 20: World Jump Day, National Moon Day, National Pennsylvania Day
- July 21: National Junk Food Day
- July 22: National Mango Day, National Hammock Day, National Refreshment Day
- July 23: Gorgeous Grandma Day
- July 24: National Day of the Cowboy, National Thermal Engineer Day
- July 25: National Hire a Veteran Day
- July 26: National All or Nothing Day, World Tofu Day
- July 27: Bagpipe Appreciation Day, Take Your Houseplants for a Walk Day
- July 28: National Waterpark Day, World Nature Conservation Day
- July 29: National Intern Day
- July 30: National System Administrator Appreciation Day, National Cheesecake Day
- July 31: National Avocado Day