Looking for reasons to celebrate in times of transition? For many, September means the end of summer and the start of school, plus an early holiday weekend that inspires end-of-season vacations and wardrobe changes.
From remembrance and reflection to cooler temps and incoming foliage, September has plenty in store for everyone.
September is time to cheer
As the weather shifts, so do sports seasons. It’s National College Colors Day (September 3) and National Tailgating Day (September 4), near neighbors to National Beer Lovers’ Day (September 7). That’s not to be confused with National Good Neighbors Day, though, which isn’t until September 28.
September is amazing
It’s Breakfast Month! Whether you prefer Waffle Week or Pancake Day, this month is dedicated to the celebration of the most important meal of the day. Does that make September the most important month of the year? Sounds about right. Wash down the breakfast of your choice with your preferred hot drink, too: National Chai Day (21), National Coffee Day (29), and National Hot Mulled Cider Day (30).
Feel like dancing? Kick up your heels with Line Dance Week and National Square Dance Month!
Oh, and you know it’s Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19, right? Arrrrren’t you glad we reminded you?
September is to remember
September 11 is a date that requires no highlighting. Recognized as Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance, it is preceded by National Days of Prayer and Remembrance and followed by the National Day of Encouragement.
Strength and growth balance the month, with personal wellness (Self Improvement Month, Self-Care Awareness Month) and creativity (National Arts in Education Week, National Live Creative Day, National Keep Kids Creative Week). Bring it all together with National Ampersand Day.
Here’s a longer list of a few more items that might be of interest to you this month.
- September is Better Breakfast Month
- September is Classical Music Month
- September is Hispanic Heritage Month
- September is International Update Your Resume Month
- September is National Square Dance Month
- September is National Courtesy Month
- September is National Honey Month
- September is Library Card Sign-up Month
- September is National Mushroom Month
- September is National Potato Month
- September is National Preparedness Month
- September is National Self-Care Awareness Month
- September is National Suicide Awareness Month
- September is Prostate Health Month
- September is Save Your Photos Month
- September is Self Improvement Month
- September is Whole Grains Month
Sneak a few weeks into your celebrations, too…
- National Waffle Week: First full week in September
- National Arts in Education Week: Starts second Sunday in September
- National Suicide Prevention Week: Second full week in September
- National Biscuits and Gravy Week: Second week in September
- National Days of Prayer and Remembrance: September 8-10
- Line Dance Week: Starts second Monday in September
- National Historically Black Colleges & Universities Week: Second or third week in September
- National Farm Animals Awareness Week: Third week in September
- National Singles Week: Third week in September
- National Indoor Plant Week: Third week in September
- National Keep Kids Creative Week: Last week in September
- International Week of the Deaf: Last full week in September
- National Fall Foliage Week: Begins last Sunday of September
And yes, there are lots of days! To name a few…
- September 1: National No Rhyme (Nor Reason) Day
- September 2: National Blueberry Popsicle Day
- September 3: National Welsh Rarebit Day, National Food Bank Day, National College Colors Day
- September 4: National Spice Blend Day, National Wildlife Day, National Tailgating Day, World Beard Day
- September 5: National Cheese Pizza Day, National Be Late for Something Day
- September 6: National Labor Day, National Read a Book Day
- September 7: National Beer Lovers’ Day
- September 8: National Ampersand Day
- September 9: National Teddy Bear Day
- September 10: National Swap Ideas Day, National TV Dinner Day
- September 11: National Make Your Bed Day, Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance
- September 12: National Day of Encouragement
- September 13: National Kids Take Over the Kitchen Day, National Peanut Day
- September 14: National Parents Day Off, National Live Creative Day, National Virginia Day
- September 15: National Online Learning Day
- September 16: National Guacamole Day, National Pawpaw Day
- September 17: National POW/MIA Recognition Day
- September 18: Air Force Birthday, National Dance Day, National CleanUp Day
- September 19: Talk Like a Pirate Day
- September 20: National String Cheese Day
- September 21: National IT Professionals Day, National Chai Day
- September 22: Autumnal Equinox, Car Free Day, Elephant Appreciation Day
- September 23: National Great American Pot Pie Day
- September 24: National Punctuation Day
- September 25: National Comic Book Day, National Research Administrator Day, National Public Lands Day
- September 26: National Pancake Day
- September 27: National Day of Forgiveness, National Family Day
- September 28: National Good Neighbor Day, National Voter Registration Day
- September 29: National Coffee Day, VFW Day
- September 30: National Love People Day, National Hot Mulled Cider Day
What and how are you celebrating? How are you enhancing your client communication with creative and timely twists? Let us know!