When sending out an invitation via email, there are two choices: Single-Use Link or Multi-Use Link. Depending on your goals and participants, each method has its benefits. Make your choice, then prepare and publish!
Sending an invitation with a Single-Use Link is an excellent choice of distribution method. A few benefits:
- Track individual participation
- Send Reminders to non-participants
- Use Data Population (Pre-population)
- Prevent multiple/duplicate participation (ballot box stuffing)
In deciding, a few points to remember:
- Each Single-Use Link only allows a single response.
- Single-Use Links should not be sent to group email addresses.
- These invitations should not be forwarded.
Sending an invitation with a Multi-Use Link is a smart distribution method choice in certain situations. A few benefits:
- Allow participants to forward invitations
- Allow participants to respond multiple times
- Broaden participation beyond existing contact list
- Track individual responses
- Send Intelligent Reminders to non-participants.
- Use Data Population
- Restrict number of responses from each invitee
In deciding which method to use, a few points to remember:
- Multiple/duplicate participation (ballot box stuffing) cannot be prevented.
- Each invitee will have different links that can be used multiple times
- Select your survey, then click on the Publish icon.
- Select your respective distribution method under the Publish by Email column and click Continue on the bottom of the screen.
- In Select Email Message, review the Email Messages created under Email Templates.
- Hover over your chosen template, then choose from the following options:
- Select: Choose a template and proceed to publishing
- Edit: Review and edit a message before publishing
- Preview: Preview a message to confirm your choice
- If you’ve chosen to edit, complete any changes before continuing.
- In Source of Email Addresses, choose your preferred source.
- Under Additional Publishing Options, you may choose to select more advanced features:
- Touch Rules: SoGoSurvey’s Touch Rules makes it easy to avoid over-surveying by filtering out those who have recently participated, eliminating survey fatigue.
- Pre-populate Survey: This option will be pre-selected if the pre-population is applied on one or more survey questions. You may select the values to be pre-filled for these question on this step.
- In the Mail Merge step, provide values for the mail merge variable used within the email content. All email addresses will be listed with text boxes so mail merge values can be entered manually.
If you are not seeing the Mail Merge step, you have likely not entered the mail merge code in the email content section. If you want to include these values in your message, return to edit your content and include these codes.