Cross Tab: Multi-level Correlation
Cross Tab reports are used to investigate potential relationships in responses to two or three close-ended questions. There are two sub-types under Cross Tab Reports.
- Two Level Cross Tab: Two different questions can be selected and compared in the horizontal and vertical variables of the report.
- Three Level Cross Tab: This variation compares two questions with each other in horizontal and vertical variables of the report based on each answer option of a parent question.
Cross Tab Reports cannot be generated for open-ended questions.
Generate Cross Tab Report
Follow these steps to generate either a Two Level or Three Level Cross Tab Report.
- Select your survey and click on Report.
- On the Report menu bar, click on Pivot and select Cross Tab.
- Select questions for the horizontal and vertical variables. By default, the Two Level Cross tab option is selected. If you wish to generate a Three Level Cross Tab report, choose Three Level and select a parent question. For either selection, you may follow the steps listed to complete and customize your report.
- Select properties that you want to display in your report:
You can always click Generate Now to skip report customization and create the report instantly.
- Display Count: Displays the response count in your report
- Display Percentage: Lets you customize the number of decimals to be displayed for response percentage
- Exclude All ‘Did not Answer’ is used to exclude the count of unanswered question from the number of total respondents for a question. Blank responses will not be displayed in the report.
- Include incomplete responses in the report is used to include partial responses that are yet to be submitted. Here, you can choose:
- All, to add all partially completed responses to the report
- Responses answered up to a specific question number
Review/Modify Cross Tab Report
To modify a generated report, clicking on ‘Modify Report’ will redirect you to the first step of the report wizard.
Survey Report Details
- Survey Metrics: Survey Metrics displays Date, Invitation, and Responses Metrics, which provide details about the responses included in the generated report. You may click on the Edit icon beside the Survey Metrics option to show or hide particular Date, Invitation, and Response Metrics.
- Properties and Filters: All report properties and response languages present in the generated report are visible here. You can edit, remove, or add the field which you want in the report by clicking on the Edit icon. If you are generating a report for a multilingual survey, you may review responses submitted for particular language by selecting it from the language dropdown menu.
- Swap: Row and column question can be swapped by clicking on Swap rows and columns link.
- Commentary:Comments can be added in the report by clicking the ‘Add Commentary’ link.
- Edit: You can change the question text by clicking on the Edit icon.
- Modify Graph: Graphs displayed in the Cross Tab Report can be modified on the basis of the percentage of the response count of each question/all selected questions.