- Encrypt survey responses
- Protect sensitive data such as Social Security Number, Salary, Contact Information
- Reassure participants that their data is safe
SoGoSurvey’s Secure Surveys with SSL Encryption makes you and your participants feel secure by ensuring that your data is safe and protected. SSL Encryption is primarily used when your survey includes sensitive information or when participants are sharing documents or any personal details.
SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer. It was originally developed by Netscape to protect information sent over the Internet from eavesdropping and fraudulent activities. It works through the encryption of data between web browsers and web servers. A URL with “https” means the SSL connection will be used, and almost all websites that ask you to log in, including SoGoSurvey, use the SSL connection. In survey technology, Secure Surveys with SSL Encryption are critical for maintaining participant privacy and information integrity.
Here’s how to set the SSL feature:
- Navigate to Design tab.
- Create or select a survey to edit.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- On the left-hand side, click on TYPE OF SURVEY. Choose Enhanced Survey.
- In response to the question on the right, toggle the switch to select ‘Yes’.
Once this feature is set, the survey participation URL will look similar to the following link: https://www.sogosurvey.com/k/participation_key