This section includes Folders (System Folders, My Folders) to organize your surveys and a Survey Bank, full of a wide variety of professionally designed templates.
- Action Buttons
These buttons provides access to a variety of survey editing and design options.
- Make a Copy: Create a copy of the survey ‘In This Account’ or ‘Into Different Account’. To copy surveys into a different account, you must have the username and password of the account
If you are copying into the same account, the survey will be copied in the same folder.
If you are copying into a different account, the survey will appear in the ‘Shared’ folder of the destination account. Results will not be copied.
- Edit: Options from this dropdown allow you to edit, delete, or set an end date for the survey.
- Preview: Allows you to see the layout of the survey exactly as it will appear live to participants.
- Download: Allows you to download a soft copy of the survey in PDF, Word, Scanner Ready, and HTML formats.
- Adobe PDF downloads a clean, un-editable document. You may still search for certain words within the document, but you cannot edit text or images.
- MS Word downloads a copy of the survey in Microsoft Word format, allowing you to edit text, images, margins, and other details.
- Scanner Ready Survey format also opens the survey in Microsoft Word, providing an editable copy. The difference is that this format is more conducive to scanning paper results into the system via a third party.
- HTML format opens as a webpage, and is most useful when you may be unable to connect to the Internet. Download the HTML version of your survey before you board your flight and use the file to review your survey while you’re on board.
- Move to: Allows you to move a survey from one folder to another.
- Survey/Poll/Assessment Tool
Use this dropdown to navigate to different tools within the platform.
- Survey Tool: Surveys are used for gathering opinions, information, and feedback.
- Assessment Tool: Assessment/Quiz is used to test the knowledge of the quiz taker and provide scores, not just to gather responses.
- Poll Tool: Polls are similar to surveys, except that a poll is a single question survey that is used for quick feedback.
Includes Account Settings and Logout option to exit from the account.
- Survey Dashboard
The Dashboard provides an overview of all relevant data for the surveys in the displayed folder. Configure the dashboard table to display the columns needed with the help of the ‘Dashboard’ icon found in the top right-hand corner of the screen, just below the School Year dropdown.
- Status: Displays the current state of the survey within the system through different icons. You can change the survey’s state only from the Design Tab by hovering over the status icon and clicking on one of the selections from the dropdown menu only. Surveys appear in one of three states:
- Edit: The survey is not yet available for participation. Structural changes can be made.
- Active: The survey is now available for participation. Only certain changes can be made.
- Expired: The survey is no longer available for participation. A survey can be ‘unexpired’ via settings on the ‘Expiration Rules’ page, by changing its state from the status dropdown from the Design tab, or by re-publishing the survey.
An Active/Expired survey cannot be brought back to Edit mode if it has received response(s).
- Survey Title: Displays the name of the survey. If the title is not provided during survey creation, the default title will be ‘Survey #x’, where ‘x’ is an automatically generated survey number. The survey title can also be edited by hovering the cursor over the Survey title and click the ‘Edit’ icon.
The ‘Search a survey’ option is provided to help you look for surveys in the same folder or in any folders.
- Start Date: Displays the date the survey is first Active within the system.
- End Date: Displays the date the survey is set to Expired. This date can be changed on the ‘Expiration Rules’ page.
- Unique URL (Single-Use Link)
- Invites: Displays the number of email invitations that have been sent through the system using Single-Use URLs.
- Delivered: Displays the number of Single-Use email invitations that have successfully reached their destination inbox. Further information about email invitation delivery can be found under Track Survey from the Distribute tab.
- Incomplete Responses: Displays the number of all incomplete responses currently received for the survey from Single-Use URLs.
- Completed Responses: Displays the number of all complete responses currently received for the survey from Single-Use URLs.
- Imported Responses: Displays the number of responses imported into to the survey.
- Response Rate: Displays the percentage of responses received out of the total number of single access invitations delivered. (Total number of Unique Access Responses received/total number of Delivered Count)*100 – For example: (1/2)*100 = 50% Unique Response Rate
- Public URL (Multi-Use Link)
- Invites: Displays the number of email invitations that have been sent by the system using a Multi-Use URL.
- Delivered: Displays the number of email invitations with Multi-Use URLs that have successfully reached their destination inbox. Further information about email invitation delivery can be found under Track Survey from the Distribute tab.
- Incomplete Responses: Displays the number of all incomplete responses currently received for the survey from Multi-Use URLs.
- Completed Responses: Displays the number of all complete responses currently received for the survey from Multi-Use URLs.
- Total Responses: Displays the sum of all the responses received for the current survey.
- Total Invites: Displays the sum of all the invitations sent for a particular survey using Unique URLs as well as Public URLs.