Design Tab Tour
Within Design, you’ll create and customize your survey to ensure it meets your research needs and your brand demands. When you create a new survey, you’ll be taken directly to Design. For existing surveys, click on the All Surveys icon to select the right folder, hover over your survey, and click on the Edit icon to dive in to Design.
Here you’ll build your survey by adding questions and answer options to your blank canvas or template.
- Question Types: On the left side of the screen, you’ll see a palette of question types. Hover over each option and click on the “I” icon for a quick look at the question type to be sure you’re looking at the right format. Then, drag and drop the question type onto the canvas in the desired location. You may also double-click the question type tile to add the new question to the end of the page.
- Question Bank: Beside the Question Types tab, you may click on the Question Bank tab to review system default questions or your own custom questions. Add questions to the bank to save time when creating future surveys. As with question type tiles, you can drag and drop these questions into the right location on your survey canvas.
- Languages: To the right of the Question Bank tab, the Primary Language is listed. Click on the dropdown menu and click ‘Add a Language’ to, well, add a language! Choose your language, then add translations under Text & Translations
- Test Invite: Ready for review? Once your survey is built, click on the blue invitation icon to send a test invitation to your team members for their feedback.
- Quick Send: In a hurry? Once you’re totally set, click on the blue paper airplane icon to use this quick wizard to send your survey. For full distribution options, move on to the Distribute module instead.
- Preview: The survey canvas gives you a rough idea of your survey’s appearance, but you can click on the green Preview icon for a better look at how your final survey will appear to participants.
Beyond the content, be sure your surveys look good and represent your brand and purpose well! Customize your options, then save templates based on your preferred style.
- Themes: Choose from a variety of pre-set survey themes, then customize to your preference. You can also save templates to make customizing future projects fast and simple. Plus, modify the survey width to customize your display.
- Colors: Customize primary and secondary colors, as well as the survey background. Whether it’s a color, gradient, or default or custom image, your surveys never looked so good! If you prefer, get specific with advanced color options for detailed survey elements.
- Text: Your style shines through in every word with customized font settings! Keep it simple with overall settings or modify your choices for specific text elements.
- More: Choose whether to display the same style on both web and mobile, or to create separate settings for each.
Behind every successful survey, there’s more than meets the eye! Every survey is assigned default settings, but this section allows you to modify numerous options to meet your needs.
- Survey Details: Make it easy to keep track of your surveys by identifying information like survey name and description.
- Language: Expand your audience by adding languages to create a multilingual survey.
- Anonymity: Ensure total technical anonymity to protect participants’ identity. If enabled, you’ll collect data but never know who provided which responses.
- Display Options: Support your purpose and your participants’ experience by choosing whether to show page numbers, a progress bar, and more.
- Event Messages: Modify the default messages that appear in specific situations, like when participants access an expired survey or a link that’s already been used.
- Save and Continue Later: Especially useful with longer surveys, this feature lets participants save their answers and return later to complete the survey, either through their original invitation link or through a personalized follow-up link.
- Thank You Page: Once the survey is submitted, you decide what participants see next! Provide a confirmation message, show results, allow participants to invite others, and/or redirect participants to a new URL.
- Print Options: Allow survey participants to print a copy of their survey responses either before or after submitting the survey.
- Expiry Rules: Choose when to close your survey, whether it’s based on a certain date, a threshold, or another specific condition.
Text and Translations
Words count! Be sure to review and polish all of your text before you launch – in every language you choose to include!
- Text & Translations: Review and revise all of your survey text and messages at once, as well as auto-translating and revising content in additional languages.
- Spell Check: It never hurts to check!
- Find and Replace: Quick fix? Save time by replacing incorrect or outdated language all at once!
Which comes first? Get your questions in order with these options:
- Rearrange Questions: Ensure your survey’s flow is good to go with this smart feature. Add all of your questions, then arrange them into the right order. From there, add logic and other features to make the survey path as smooth as possible!
- Question Sequence: Especially if you’re worried about bias or copying, you may choose to rotate or randomize the order in which questions are presented.
Find out faster with automatic email follow-up to your participants, your team, or yourself!
- Instant Thanks: Send follow-up thank-you emails to your participants once they have participated in your survey, including any important details like registration confirmation.
- Rules and Alerts: Send follow-up emails based on the triggers of your choice, like survey completion or a low (or high!) rating.