Have a question that you feel is important, but don’t want participants to be forced to answer it? Encouraged Response lets you prompt participants who skip a question by providing a custom message to ask them to consider answering. The participant may choose to answer the question or move to the next page.
Follow the steps listed below to set up Encouraged Response:
- Under the Design tab, create or select a survey to edit.
- While editing your chosen question:
- Click on Mandatory Response in the question actions menu on the left. Then, choose Encouraged Response and enter your validation message.
If you have already saved the question, you may also hover over the question then click on Mandatory in the edit menu. From there, choose Encouraged Response.
This feature will be triggered only if participants skip this question and move on to the next page. Upon clicking Next, they will be prompted with the custom message that you have entered to encourage them to answer this question.
When triggered, the relevant question will be highlighted and the custom message will be shown above it.
- Unlike a Mandatory question, participants may proceed without answering the question.
- Encouraged Response will be available for all single-select question types and will be applicable to Multiple Text Box, Multiple Drop Down, Graphical Rating and Attachment if the question type has only one sub question.
- If an Encouraged Response question is deposited into the Question Bank, the Encouraged Response feature will be removed.
- The custom message for this feature can be edited even after the survey is live and has received responses.
- The custom message entered for this feature will also be visible in all types of survey downloads.
- On an Encouraged Response question, the only data population options available are Pre-Editable and Post-Show.