Under the Report tab, you analyze aggregate information about your survey responses. To extract raw data, you can navigate to the Data tab and download/export your raw response in the format of your choice.
For example, let’s say you’d like your data in an Excel spreadsheet. Not a problem! As soon as you have results, you can seamlessly download survey data into Excel for additional analysis outside the SoGoSurvey platform at any time. SoGoSurvey’s Data tab gives you instant access to your data in the format that you need.
Below is a step-by-step guide to export survey data in Excel:
- Under the Data tab, select your survey and then click on Excel.
- A pop-up will appear, asking you to prepare your raw data for export. Click Continue to proceed.
- As your data is prepared, you can navigate to other sections to complete any other tasks. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you identified under Settings as a notification when the export process is completed.
- Once your data is prepared, click on Export Responses.
You can directly export raw data to Excel once your survey is prepared. You will not need to prepare data for your survey again unless you have received a new response for your survey, excluded a response, or made textual changes to your survey questions.
- On the ‘Select Survey Questions’ step, you may choose to select all or selected question for which you would like to export your raw data.
- Click on Continue to add additional attributes or click Export Now to export your raw data in Excel.
- In the ‘Select Export Attributes’ step, you may customize the attributes to be included. Options include Respondent, Response, and Assessment Attributes. Click Continue to proceed.
- Email Address will only be displayed for Unique invitations/Access Codes or survey participation using authentication.
- IP address will only be displayed if the survey is not anonymous.
- Exclude responses will be enabled only for responses marked as Excluded in an individual report.
- Assessment Attributes will be enabled only for surveys under the Assessment Tool.
- Under ‘Select Survey Conditions’ step, you can:
- Filter responses based on response to a question in your survey
- Filter responses based on time period
- Next, you can assign codes to your survey. This is typically only useful when you are working with SPSS or other statistical software or need to make textual changes to your question and answer text.
- Finally, select the range of responses to export. This step is only necessary if you have more than 5,000 responses, as you may export 5,000 responses at a time. Click Export.