Can you share some best practices for designing a survey?
Of course! Here’s our quick video on a few best practices in survey design:
How do I expire my survey?
To meet your needs, multiple expiration options are available:
- To choose expiration options while editing: Within your survey, click on the Options icon in the Design menu bar. From the dropdown, choose Expiry Rules.
- To expire a live survey immediately: Click on the All Surveys icon in the top left corner of your screen. Hover over the green dot in front of your survey’s name, then click the dropdown arrow beside the dot and choose Expire.
- To set advanced expiration options on a live survey: Click on the All Surveys icon in the top left corner of your screen. Then, hover over your survey and click More, then Expiry Rules. Choose one of the options listed and then click Save.
- To immediately expire your survey, select ‘Expire the survey now’.
- To leave the survey open as long as you have your account, select ‘Expire when the account expires’.
- To set a specific date or more complex expiry conditions, select ‘Advanced Expiration Rules’ and make your choices.
Can I edit an active survey?
Yes. You can edit the question text and answer option text in an active survey. To make text changes to your active survey, simply hover your mouse over the question or answer text and click to Edit icon to edit.
To help preserve the integrity of your data, structural changes are not allowed once a survey becomes active. Structural changes include adding or deleting questions, adding or deleting answer options, or changing question types, add branching or remove piping.
To learn more about options for editing a live survey, check out this video.
The edit button is grayed out. Why can’t I edit my survey?
Expired surveys cannot be edited. In order to edit an expired survey, you may either:
- Copy the survey and edit the copied version, Or
- “Un-expire” the survey by accessing Expiry Rules [see ‘How do I expire my survey?’ Above] and entering a future expiration date.
Do you have any suggestions about avoiding common mistakes in survey design?
Sure! Take a look at our video on common survey design pitfalls and how to avoid them:
How do I copy a survey?
You have two options to make a copy of your survey:
- From Home, click the Create Survey icon. From any other screen, click ‘+ Create’ in the top right.
- Under ‘Where would you like to begin?’ Click on ‘Copy an Existing Survey’.
- Click on the All Surveys icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Hover over the survey you’d like to copy, then click on More at the far right.
- From the dropdown, click Copy.
- Choose whether to copy this survey into this or a different account.
Does SoGoSurvey have a mobile app I can use to create quick surveys and collect data on the go?
Absolutely! Check out the intro video below, then download the app and see for yourself!