Do you have any suggestions about avoiding common mistakes in reports?
Sure! Take a look at our video on common reporting pitfalls and how to avoid them:
How do I create a report in the system that shows the responses of only those people who answered a question with a given answer (i.e., only those people who live in California)?
A Conditional Report is the perfect choice. From the Report menu bar, click on Frequency, then choose Conditional from the dropdown menu.
- Select the conditional question you would like to use (i.e., “What state do you live in?”).
- Select the condition (i.e., “IS” or “IS NOT”).
- Select the answer to the conditional question (i.e., “California”).
- Click Generate to finish or Continue to customize further options.
Note: You can add up to 15 conditions in one Conditional Report.
How do I use reports I’ve created in the system in a PowerPoint presentation?
Download a complete report in PowerPoint by clicking on the Download icon in the top right of a generated report and selecting PowerPoint.
Download results for specific questions by clicking on the View Chart icon beside the Basic/Advanced chart option. This option allows you to customize your chart, then print or save it as a .png file.
How do I share reports with others?
Beyond simply downloading or exporting results, SoGoSurvey allows you to share dynamic links to many reports directly to key team members. Each time an emailed report is accessed, updated results will be displayed.
- Once your report is generated, click on the envelope icon to the top right of the report screen.
- Follow the Share via Email wizard to customize details, identify recipient(s), and send.
- Keep track of these emailed reports, including updating expiration dates or disabling access, by clicking on Emailed Reports on the right end of the Report menu bar.
How can I save a filter to reuse in different projects?
You can create a filter as you generate your report. Once created, each filter will be saved under Filter Manager. And will be available in the filter dropdown for all reports generated in the same project. At this time, a filter created in one project cannot be reused in another project.
How can I save a report?
You can save different variations of a single report type or save different reports. These reports are dynamic and will update with more responses as they come in, but all your customizations will remain intact.
Here’s how to save a report:
- Once your report is generated, click on the save icon in the top right corner of the report screen.
- Enter a name for your report and click Save.
- Find all of the reports you’ve saved under Saved Reports on the right side of the Report menu bar.
How can I share a saved report?
Once you have saved a report, you can easily share the link to the saved report with your team or anyone involved with your project.
- Go to Saved Reports within the Report menu bar.
- From the list of saved reports, select the report you’d like to share.
- Click on the link icon and copy the URL.
Learn more about all additional settings while sharing a link.