Check Box Grid
Check Box type of question asks participants to choose one or more answer options for each sub-question included. The multi-select Check Box Grid is perfect when you want to ask multiple related questions and allow participants to choose multiple answers from a consistent answer set.
Please identify each activity you took part in [columns] at each of the locations listed [rows].
To add a Check Box Grid question to your survey, drag and drop the question type from the panel on the left to the correct spot on the right.
Within this question type, the following options are available:
- Mandatory Response: Require participants to respond to a critical question.
- Number of Sub-Questions
- Add Media: Add an accompanying image, video, or audio file.
- More (next to Sub-Questions)
- More (next to ‘Rating Radio Button’)
You can easily switch to a different Grid question type by clicking on the drop down next to the question number.
Manage Display Settings
- Customize the appearance of a Grid question by choosing the width of each column, relative to the width of the browser.
- In a Grid question, sub-questions appear row by row in their own column and answers are shown in the next column.For example:
A Check Box Grid question might ask about different events in a recent conference you attended. The first (sub-question) column lists the events row by row – Keynote, Panel, Vendor Fair, etc. — and the answer options (Clear, Practical, Valuable, etc. ) appear in the next columns.
- If the total width selected exceeds 100%, a horizontal scroll will be displayed. If the total is less than 100%, the Grid will be narrower than the browser window.
Ready to customize Grid display settings? Here’s how:
- Create or edit any Grid question type.
- Click on Manage Display Settings on the left menu.
- Choose “Let me manage the settings”.
- Set the preferred percentage display with respect to the browser width.