Use this question type when you’d like participants to provide a numeric value to each of a set of sub-questions. Whether you’re asking for hours or minutes, costs or percentages, be sure to define your terms so you and your participant know exactly what each number means.
What percentage of your day do you spend on each of the following activities? Your total must add up to 100.
To add a question to your survey, drag and drop the question type from the panel on the left to the correct spot on the right.
From the menu on the left, choose whether to display the total field as the participant enters data, as well as whether to validate the total field for a certain numeric value. For example, if you’re asking participants to identify the amount they spent on different resources, you might not know the total amount to expect. If, however, you’re asking participants to break down their day by percentage, the total should be validated for 100 to improve your data quality.
Within this question type, the following options are available:
- Mandatory Response: Require participants to respond to a critical question.
- Encouraged Response: Nudge participants who skip a question to reconsider by displaying a customized request message.
- Question Hint: Add extra information that can help provide clarification for participants.
- Rearrange Answers: Add an image, video or audio to your question.
- Answer Sequence: Set the sequence of the answer options as entered or rotate/randomize for every participant.
- Answer Columns: Choose to display answer options in columns.
- Data Population: Pre-fill the response during distribution or post-fill after participation.
- Add Media: Add an accompanying image, video, or audio file.