Rating Drop Down
Similar to the Rating Radio Button, the Rating Drop Down question type allows you to assign numerical values to a series of answer options along a scale. In this case, answers are displayed within a single-select Drop Down, so this is the perfect choice when you have a longer set of answer options along the scale. If you have 10 or more answer options your participants can search for answer options in the list. When weights are applied, reports will show both frequency and average weighted score.
To add a Rating Drop Down question to your survey, drag and drop the question type from the panel on the left to the correct spot on the right.
As you build this question and enter the answer choices, you’ll see the text fields to enter hidden weights. Adding a weight to an answer option provides a numerical value to the participant’s response. In reporting, values can be used to calculate an average weighted response.
Within this question type, the following options are available:
- Mandatory Response: Require participants to respond to a critical question.
- Encouraged Response: Nudge participants who skip a question to reconsider by displaying a customized request message.
- Question Hint: Add extra information that can help provide clarification for participants.
- Rearrange Answers: Add an image, video or audio to your question.
- Answer Sequence: Set the sequence of the answer options as entered or rotate/randomize for every participant.
- Data Population: Pre-fill the response during distribution or post-fill after participation.
- Add Media: Add an accompanying image, video, or audio file.