The Rating Scale question type asks a participant to choose a certain value along a continuum, such as level of agreement or satisfaction.
To add a Rating Scale question to your survey, drag and drop the question type from the panel on the left to the correct spot on the right.
Choose to add labels at anchor points or at every level, as needed. The labels for the end (anchor) points will always be shown to your participants, and the center label will be shown if the scale includes an odd number of points. In reports, this question type yields both frequency (How many people chose ‘Very Satisfied’?) and an overall average weighted score (On a 5 point scale, participants gave us a 3.7.).
Rating Scale questions include the following display options:
- Scale Rating
- Smiley Rating
- Set Values
- Between 0-11 for scale rating
- Between 1-5 for smiley rating
- Show N/A Option for Scale Rating
- Show scale in reverse order
- Show participant rating field, along with validation message customization for Scale Rating
Within this question type, the following options are available:
- Mandatory Response: Require participants to respond to a critical question.
- Encouraged Response: Nudge participants who skip a question to reconsider by displaying a customized request message.
- Question Hint: Add extra information that can help provide clarification for participants.
- Data Population: Pre-fill the response during distribution or post-fill after participation.
- Add Media: Add an accompanying image, video, or audio file.