Symbol Rating Scale
The Symbol Rating Scale, sometimes called the Star Rating Scale, is a visual version of the Rating Scale question. For each item, participants are asked to show their intensity of feeling using a symbol-based scale (Ex: 2 out of 5 stars).
To add a Symbol Rating Scale question to your survey, drag and drop the question type from the panel on the left to the correct spot on the right.
Choose from the following symbols:
- Thumbs Up
- Check Mark
- Dollar Sign
The default number of symbols for this question is 5, but it can be adjusted to anything from 3 to 10. If you have more than one similar item or aspect to rate, simply increase the number of sub-questions and create a Symbol Rating Grid. In reporting, symbols are represented by their names, which can be customized while adding this question.
Within this question type, the following options are available:
- Mandatory Response: Require participants to respond to a critical question.
- Encouraged Response: Nudge participants who skip a question to reconsider by displaying a customized request message.
- Question Hint: Add extra information that can help provide clarification for participants.
- Symbol Description: Edit the symbol name to be displayed in reporting and Pre-Population
- Data Population: Pre-fill the response during distribution or post-fill after participation.
- Set Values: Choose to set a scale of 3-10 points.
- Add Media: Add an accompanying image, video, or audio file.