The Attachment question type allows participants to upload one or more files directly to the survey. This question type is commonly used for applications and other forms, and you can control the kinds of files your participants should be allowed to upload.
You could ask job applicants to upload both a resume and cover letter.
To add an Attachment question to your survey, drag and drop the question type from the panel on the left to the correct spot on the right.
From the menu on the left, choose the number of attachments you’d like participants to upload.
Under Attachment Properties, add more details about the attachment(s) you’d like participants to upload. List acceptable file types separated by commas, without any space before or after each comma. You can also customize the error messages for each attachment segment.
For security reasons, the following extensions are not allowed: .ade, .adp, .apk, .bat, .cab, .chm, .cmd, .com, .cpl, .dll, .dmg, .exe, .hta, .ins, .isp, .jar, .js, .jse, .lib, .lnk, .mde, .msc, .msi, .msp, .mst, .nsh .pif, .rar, .scr, .sct, .shb, .sys, .vb, .vbe, .vbs, .vxd, .wsc, .wsf, .wsh, .zip.
Within this question type, the following options are available:
- Mandatory Response: Require participants to respond to a critical question.
- Encouraged Response: Nudge participants who skip a question to reconsider by displaying a customized request message.
- Question Hint: Add extra information that can help provide clarification for participants.
- Answer Column Format: Choose to display each item in columns.
- Add Media: Add an accompanying image, video, or audio file.
All attachments collected will be available in the Attachment Report.