With marketplaces expanding around the globe, there is an ever-increasing need to collect feedback from wider audiences. To get the most accurate results, you need to hear from the right participants, and that often means creating surveys in a variety of languages. Multilingual surveys can help you reach and research a broad, global network of customers, employees, vendors, partners, and prospects.
SoGoSurvey is a global platform, serving customers all around the world. Build a survey in our platform, and in just a few clicks, auto-translate and launch that one survey in many different languages.
Add Secondary Language(s)
Numerous languages are available in our default list of options. To create a multilingual survey using any of these languages, follow the steps below:
- Start a new survey from the Create button on Home or in the top right corner of any other page.
- Provide a title for your survey.
- Select the primary language from the list.
- Primary language is the survey’s main language of participation and once selected, it cannot be changed.
- Toggle the switch to select a secondary language. Multiple secondary languages can be selected. Save the changes.
- Secondary languages are alternate languages of participants. When secondary languages are applied, participants will be asked to choose a language before entering the survey itself.
Participants will begin the survey with a language selection screen. Throughout the survey, the chosen language will be displayed in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Add More Languages
Looking for a language that does not appear within the platform? You can add any language to your survey, even if that language doesn’t appear on the default list of options.
- Click on your initials in the top right corner of your screen, then go to Settings.
- From the menu on the left, select Custom Labels and Text.
- Click the Customize Language button at the top right, choose a language you will not need for your survey, then click Done. (For example, if you want to add Ukrainian but will not require Vietnamese, select Vietnamese.)
- Update the labels and content listed into the language you’d like to add, including the language name. Remember to write the language name in that language. (For example, translate the labels and the word ‘Ukrainian’ into Ukrainian.) Save your updates.
- Use the All Surveys icon in the top left to select your survey, then click on the Edit icon.
- Click on the language box in the top left corner of the Designer page, then click ‘Add a language’.
- Under Secondary Language, toggle to enable languages, then add the original language you selected as a placeholder (Vietnamese). Save.
- From the Design menu bar, click Text & Translation
- From the language dropdown in the top right, choose the language (Vietnamese).
- Add in your own translations or copy and paste from your preferred source.
- When you’re done, click Save & Return to Designer.
- Preview your survey to ensure that the correct label and language shows up for participants, both on the language selection page and in the survey itself
When replacing a secondary language, some hard-coded text and messages may not be translated. In this case, the original language [Vietnamese, in the example above] may appear.