With marketplaces expanding around the globe, there is an ever-increasing need to collect feedback from wider audiences. To get the most accurate results, you need to create surveys in a variety of languages. Multilingual surveys can help you reach and research a broad, global network of customers, employees, vendors, partners, and prospects. Can surveys created through SoGoSurvey can be created in more than one language? Absolutely.
SoGoSurvey is a global platform, serving customers all around the world. A survey can be built in our platform in a primary language and with just one click of ‘Auto-translation’, the same survey can be deployed in many different languages.
Create a multilingual survey:
- Go to the Design tab.
- Click on Create New.
- Provide a title for your survey.
- Select the primary language from the list.
- Primary language is the main language in which the survey is presented to the participants. This is the language that participants will see on the participation page when the survey is first accessed.
- Toggle the switch to select secondary language. Multiple secondary languages can be selected. Save the changes.
- Secondary languages will be listed in the language menu, in the top right-hand corner of the survey participation page.
- Click on Start Survey and create your questionnaire.
- Add all of your questions.
- From the Language dropdown in the top right-hand corner of the Build section, choose your secondary language.
- Select the questions that you would like to translate, and click on ‘Auto Translate’.
- After a few minutes the auto-translation will be completed.
- The translated text will be displayed for your review. Read this text and click on ‘Save’.
- Preview the changes on the survey participation page, first selecting the language for review.
Add any language:
Looking for a language that does not appear within the platform? You can add any language to your survey, even if it doesn’t appear on the list of options. Here’s how:
- Click on your initials in the top right corner of your screen, then go to Settings.
- From the menu on the left, select Custom Labels and Text.
- Click the Customize Language button at the top right, choose a language you will not need for your survey, then click Done. (For example, if I want to add Ukrainian to my survey but will not require Vietnamese, I might select Vietnamese.)
- Update the labels and content listed into the language you’d like to add, including the language name. Remember to write the language name in that language. (For example, I’ll translate the labels and the word ‘Ukrainian’ into Ukrainian.) Save your updates.
- Return to Design, then select your survey and click Edit.
- Under Survey Options, select Type of Survey, then Language.
- Under Secondary Language, choose Yes, then add the original language you selected as a placeholder (Vietnamese). Save.
- Return to Designer, then choose your original language from the dropdown language menu in the top right.
- On this Bulk Text Edit page, you may add in your own translations or copy and paste from your preferred source.
- When you’re done, click Save & Return to Designer.
- Preview your survey to ensure that the correct label and language shows up for participants, both on the opening page and the remaining pages.
- Participants will begin the survey in their preferred language by clicking on the right button in the center of the screen. The chosen language will be displayed in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Decide the primary language of the survey well in advance because it cannot be changed after questions have been added to the survey.