Text Analysis: Measure Response Sentiment
Reviewing every single open-ended response offers plenty of informative insights, but it can also be very time consuming. If you have a large number of responses and want to get a faster look at some common points and sentiments, Text Analysis can help.
With both a Word Cloud and easy to understand graphs and tables, this report delivers powerful results in a fraction of the time you’d need to read every comment. Examine common topics, then drill down on positive, neutral, and negative content so you can better understand the important takeaways.
- Select your project and click on Report.
- From the Report menu bar, choose Text Analysis.
- If you have included multiple open-ended questions, click on the filter icon on the right to filter by question(s).
- Review and drill down on results displayed.
Across the top, you’ll see cards with the following metrics:
- Total Responses
- Total Records
- Positive Responses
- Negative Responses
- Neutral Responses
The Dashboard includes multiple elements that allow you to see an overall overview, a breakdown by topic, and a closer look at relevant responses.
- Review overall metrics from the bar across the top of the report.
- For a closer look at certain segments of your data, click the Filter button on the top right to create or apply a filter.
- To review responses by question or by sentiment, make selections from the top right of the Dashboard.
- To email your Dashboard, click on the email icon.
- To reset all filters, click on the reset icon.
This graph categorizes all responses into topics.
- Hover over each topic’s donut chart to see:
- Number of responses categorized within this topic
- Mean Sentiment
- Median Sentiment
- Number and percentage of positive responses
- Number and percentage of negative responses
- Number and percentage of neutral responses
- Click on the donut chart to see the complete set of responses for the chosen topic.
A maximum of 7 topics will be displayed.
- To see an overview by category, click Show Graph.
- Within the search box on the left, enter keywords to look for something specific.
- To filter by question number, topic, or sentiment, click on the column title and choose from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the download icon to export all or filtered open-ended responses.
- Reset any filters applied by clicking on the reset icon on the far right.
You’ll see a visual representation of text responses that highlight terms based on their frequency of use. Larger words indicate a higher frequency of use. Customize your word cloud by clicking on the three-dot icon.
Click the Open-Ended Responses tab on the Dashboard to review the full text and details of each response.