Email Relay Settings allow you to send survey invitations/reminders using your own email server. This interface allows you to specify the settings that are required to authenticate the outgoing invitations. Email relay is useful when survey invitations must be sent through your own email server. Email relay should be used only when participants are not able to receive emails from an outside server. When using email relay, you will not be able to track who the emails have been delivered to.
To configure Email relay Settings, follow the steps listed below:
- Click on your account name in the top right corner, then choose Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click Email Relay Settings from the menu on the left.
- Click Edit.
- Configure Server Settings
- Outgoing Mail Server(SMTP): Provide details of the outgoing mail server, i.e. SMTP details provided by your company or the third party tool used for sending invites.
- Port: This represents the port number for the outgoing server provided by your company or the third party tool used for sending invites.
- Specify Login Information
- Account Name/Password: Account name entered below should exist on the outgoing mail server. Some users have an email address as their account name while others use the name before the ‘@’ sign. Review details with the email account administrator for accurate information.
- Email Confirmation
- Email Address: The Email Address provided here receives the first email letting you know that the email relay setup has been configured. You must authenticate the relay settings for activating the setup using the activation link provided in the email.