Email Address Lists
Invitations can be sent to a list of contacts created and saved under Contact Lists. This feature allows you to quickly and easily deliver invitations to frequently surveyed groups. Lists are the perfect choice when sending to large groups, using Data Population, and using Mail Merge in invitations.
Even better: Our system updates each list automatically based on the status of the email address in Track Survey. As a result, you’ll have a clear picture of the updated email statuses of each list before using it for future publishing.
Create Email List
- Open your project and click on the Publish icon.
- On the far right end of the menu bar, click on Contact Lists.
- Click Create New, then choose List.
- On the first step of the list creation wizard, identify your list and type.
- Enter a unique and descriptive name for the list.
- Select Email Address List as your list type.
- Under Select Source, choose how to load your contacts.
- Import from file:
- Copy from another list: Import previously created email Contact Lists.
- Import from project responses:
- If email addresses are collected as responses in any of your projects, this option will be available.
- From the dropdown, select from the available projects.
- Add individual contacts manually:
- Use this option when adding just a few contacts or if you do not have a file to import.
- By default, only the email address column is available, but you can add more columns by clicking + Columns on the right.
- Import from file:
- For all sources except manual, you’ll next see the step to map fields in your list. Here, you can do the following:
- While importing from a list, identify the column of email addresses to be used for delivery by hovering over it and clicking the email icon.
- Rename columns as needed.
- Re-arrange columns as desired.
- Remove an unwanted column by unchecking the checkbox.
- Click Done to create your List.
Only one email address column on a Contact List can be selected for delivery.
Reviewing and managing your list is quick and easy. Just select a list and click on View/Modify:
- Add Contacts:
Add or update contacts within your list. You can also add new columns record. You’ll have the following options:
- Add new records to your list: Update your Contact List with new email records and other details.
- Update existing records and add new records to your list: Add email addresses and additional fields of content. If these records already exist, they will be updated. If not, they will be added as new records.
- Update existing records in your list: Change details for your existing email records.
Deleting is permanent and cannot be reversed. The following options are available:
- Delete Selected:Choose to delete selected contacts.
- Delete all: Remove all contacts from the list.
- Edit Selected:
Choose to modify selected records.
- Export Contacts:
- Export Selected: Download only the selected records.
- Export All: Download all records.
- Export Filtered: Download filtered records.
- Archive contacts: Improve list quality and ratings by choosing to archive contacts no longer valid or in use.
Keep your Contact Lists up to date by updating records, adding in new fields, or hiding fields.
- Select the List you want to modify.
- Choose View/Modify.
- Click on Modify Fields.
- You’ll see all the existing columns within the list.
- To remove an entire column of data, click on the remove icon next to the column header. To hide it, click on the eye icon.
- To arrange the sequence, just drag and drop the columns into the preferred order.
- To edit a column header, click on the column text.
- To display hidden fields, click Show all fields.
- Click Done to save the changes.