Create SFTP Folders and Files
Once you have successfully linked your SFTP server with your SoGoSurvey account, it’s time to organize and create folders to set up your automation.
This feature is available only in our Enterprise plan. Contact us to take advantage of this option.
To keep your content organized and make publishing easier, set up a folder for each project you’d like to set up for automated distribution.
- Create a folder for each project.
- Name the folder with the project name and SID: Project Name – SID (e.g., Employee Satisfaction – 22)
- Project Name is the (internal) name of your survey or assessment project.
- SID is the unique identifier associated with each project in your account.
- To find SID, click on the All Projects icon in the top left of your screen.
- Hover over the project name and you’ll see the SID displayed.
Once your folders are ready, it’s time to upload your participant contact lists. The files you upload should include recipients’ email addresses as well as any additional fields to be mapped for Mail Merge, Data Population, or distribution rules (e.g., participant language).
If you have set up automation rules based on column headers, do not change the column sequence. Rearranging columns may cause the automation to fail.
A few items to keep in mind while uploading your files:
- Files must be in .xls, .xlsx, or .csv.
- All files uploaded should be in the same file format.
Learn more about setting up automation rules in the platform.