You have a starting point, but now it’s time to get your message across. If you want participants to open your survey, your invitation should be very clear: this is an important invitation!
Start with a Template
- Under the Distribute tab, click on Email Manager.
- Click on Create Message.
- Select a baseline message.
Customize Inbox Information
- Sender Name: Enter the sender’s name. By default, this value will be the name on the account.
- Sender Email:By default, the Sender Email will use SoGoSurvey’s mail servers. We recommend you use this default address, as editing this field may cause delivery issues or classification as spam. To change the Sender Email, you will need to verify your email address and authenticate your domain.
- Reply-to Email: By default, this will be your account email address, but it can be edited to your preferred address for this survey.
- Subject: Enter the subject to describe your survey. Content should be short and simple. Maximum character limit for this field is 250.
- Include BCC: You can include one email address in BCC field.
- Copy on one invitation: Selecting this option sends a copy of one single invitation to the email address in the BCC field.
- Copy on all invitations: Selecting this option sends copies of all invitations to the email address in the BCC field.
If you BCC yourself on an email invitation and access the participation link received in the copy, the email status will be updated accordingly within Track Survey.
- To add a logo to your email invitation, click on Yes.
- From the dropdown, choose your source to browse and upload the image.
- You will see the update in the header section of your email.
Maximum logo file size is 5 MB.
Choose the invitation language.
Note: Content must be entered in this language. Participation links will be displayed in the selected language automatically.
Under Footer section, you may choose to include optional messages and features.
- Follow us on Social Media: This option allows you to share links to your social profiles with your subscribers or participants. Enable this option by switching the toggle to Yes and check the fields to add your social media addresses. Added social media links will appear to the right within the email footer as a ‘Follow us on’ section.
- Opt-out: You can allow recipients to opt out from the survey or opt out permanently. In the first case, you would no longer be able to send reminders after a recipient opted out from your survey. In the second case, you could never send these recipient reminders or any other invitations from your account.
- Chain Invitation: You can allow recipients to use this feature to forward the survey link to other invitees.
- Do Not Forward: Just to be cautious, you can use this footer note to make your recipients aware that unique invitation emails should not be forwarded.
Color and Font
- You can use this section to customize your invitation, add colors to divider, border and background.
- Font settings selected from this section will be applied to the entire email invitation, overwriting any other settings applied.
Finalize and Save
- Edit the content of your email body.
- Review to make sure you have the message you want, the links you need, and an appearance that looks great.
- Click on Finish and Save.
- Enter a unique template name and click Save.
Insert unique information about each invitee to his/her personal invitation email or subject line. Using the Mail Merge feature requires that you have certain information for each invitee (first name, job title, etc.) already gathered in a list or a file.
To add Mail Merge:
- In any section, select Mail Merge from Editor and select where you wish to place the code.
- In the Select field dropdown, select field to use for mail merge.
- The Mail Merge code will be placed accordingly.
Learn how to:
Use Mail Merge in detail