Edit Responses – Data Cleaning
An Individual Report allows you to see results up close and investigate anything unusual. Therefore, this report offers a unique opportunity to exclude, edit and delete responses. In some cases, you may want to review the data in a particular survey response and edit it for consistency in reporting. For example, in an open-ended question in your Student Engagement survey, perhaps a participant misspelled a teacher’s name. You may generate an Individual Report and fix the spelling.
- Select your survey and click on Report.
- On the Report menu bar, click on Individual and select Individual.
- Follow the wizard to generate the report.
- Navigate to the response to be edited.
- In the selected Individual Report, click on Edit Response.
- A new window including participant responses will be opened.
- Make required changes using this window.
- After successfully editing the answers, click on the Submit button to enter the changes.
- If the status of the response is currently Incomplete, you may also click on Save and Continue Later. This will allow your participant to access the link in the future to complete the response.
- A response that has been edited will display the date and time of the last edit as well as the name of the user who made the edit.
You can also enter responses for any questions set as POST SHOW/POST HIDE.
You may also choose to delete any response using the Individual Report by clicking the Delete this Response link. However, remember that once you delete a response, the data cannot be retrieved. If you delete a response from Individual Report, it is also removed from all other reporting options.
You may choose to exclude a response rather than deleting it if you want to preserve the record without calculating the response as part of your reports.