Generating a Shareable URL is one of the most common ways to share a survey. This link can be easily published to a website or blog. Also, when you are using a third-party system to distribute your survey, this link is a great option. Plus, if you would like to place a link in multiple locations, you can create and label different links to the same survey. Or, download a QR code for any Shareable URL to make participation easy. When your survey is finished, you will know how your participants found you!
For quick and easy access to your survey URL, copy the link by clicking on the Copy button to the right of the Survey URL. This link is a multi-use Shareable URL.
Customize Shareable URLs
To customize your own Shareable URL, follow these steps:
- Select your survey, then click Distribute.
- On the Distribute menu bar, click Shareable URL.
- Select Get a Shareable URL from the dropdown menu.
- Once the link is generated, you may copy and paste it for your use by clicking the Copy icon.
- To customize the URL, click the ‘Customize Link’ option.
- Copy the URL or download a QR code to share each link.
- If you would like to prevent duplicate participation (Ballot Box stuffing), use Restriction Settings.
Manage Shareable URL
- To create multiple URLs, click on Manage Shareable URLs under Shareable URLs. Include descriptive titles for each link, like where it will be posted. You may also customize the URL by clicking the ‘Customize Link’ option.
- If you need to expire the link and stop participation in one or more URLs, select the URL(s) and click on the Status dropdown menu and click on Disable. Any participant who accesses an expired link will see a message that the survey is unavailable.
- Choose to email the generated URL to a maximum of 10 email addresses.
- Download the QR code of each link by clicking on the icon.
- Relevant metrics can be viewed here, including each URL’s Access Count and Response Count.
- Responses received through all public URLs created under Shareable URLs will be found under the ‘Shareable URL’ section in Track Survey.
Apply Restriction Settings to Shareable URLs
Even on multi-access links, it is still possible to set limits. Prevent duplicate participation or Ballot Box stuffing on multi-access URLs by using Restriction Settings.
- Select the link for which you want to apply Restriction setting, then click Restriction Settings.
- Choose your preferred restriction method from the list of available options.
- Block by IP address: Prevents participants from completing the survey multiple times on the same network. Best used when there is no reason that participants would have the same IP address. This option should not be used if participants are taking the survey from the same physical location.
- Block by Cookies: Prevents users from taking the survey multiple times on the same browser. This is best used when participants would not be taking the same survey from the same computer.
- Block by both IP Address and Cookies: Prevents repeat participation from the same IP address or browser.