If you want to set a limit on the number of responses to a particular question in your survey, then SoGoSurvey’s Quota Management feature is the perfect solution for you! Once a desired number of responses have been received, Quota Management allows you to gray out or delete an answer option, making it inaccessible to participants.
Use Quota Management
Follow the steps listed below to set constraints for the number of responses to be received:
- Under the Design tab, create a survey or select an existing survey to edit.
- Hover over the chosen question, then click on More and select Set Answer Quota.
Quota Management can be set for the following question types: Drop Down, Radio Button, Horizontal Radio, Check Box and List Box.
- Select the answer option(s) you want to retire.
- Under Specify Quota, provide the number of responses you need before retiring the answer option(s).
- Under the Action dropdown, select either Grayed Out if you want the answer option grayed out or Remove From List, if you want the answer option hidden.
- If you choose Grayed Out, enter the message you want to display when a participant selects this answer option. If your survey is multilingual, an option to enter messages for the respective languages will be available as well.
- Save your changes and click on OK on the prompt.
As an example, the following screenshot shows how the participation page appears after the quota limit for an answer option has been met.