Email Relay Settings allows you to send survey invitations/reminders using your email server. The interface allows you to specify the settings that are required to authenticate the outgoing invitations. Email relay is useful when survey invitations must be sent through your own email server. Email relay should be used only when participants are not able to receive emails from an outside server. When using email relay, you will not be able to track who the emails have been delivered to.
To configure Email relay Settings, you can follow the steps listed below:
- Click on ‘Settings’ option under Account name drop down
- Click on ‘Advanced Settings’ option on the left menu
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button.
- Outgoing Mail Server(SMTP): Provide details of the outgoing mail server i.e. SMTP details provided by your company or the third party tool used for sending invites
- Port: This represents the port number for the Outgoing server provided by your company or the third party tool used for sending invites.
- Account Name/Password: Account name entered below should exist on the outgoing mail server. Some users have email address as their account name while others use the name before the ‘@’ sign. You can review details with the account administrator for accurate information
- Email Address: The Email Address provided here receives the first email letting an account administrator know that the email relay setup has been configured. You must authenticate the relay settings for activating the setup using the activation link provided in the email.