Everyone knows it’s important to be polite and to be appreciative when you receive help. When someone completes your survey, be sure to say thank you!
Send a note to participants after they submit the survey by using SoGoSurvey’s Instant Thanks feature. This simple action creates goodwill between you and the participants, leaving them with a positive experience and increasing the chances that they will respond to your surveys in the future.
This feature is most helpful when you want to automate the process of sending emails to participants acknowledging submission of their complete or partial responses.
The following steps guide you through the process of setting up Instant Thanks emails:
- Under the Design tab, select your survey, and click on Instant Thanks.
- Provide a title for your message, select the triggering event, and click on Continue.
- Define the email content, including the following:
- Survey Participant: If a survey is sent via single-use links, an email can be sent directly to the participant when they submit their response.
- Response to an email question in this survey: If a survey includes a question for participants’ email addresses, alerts can be sent to those entered emails. (If no email questions are included in the survey, this option will not be available.)
- Be sure to customize Sender Name, Sender Email, and Subject.
- Customize the alert email content using appropriate text, hyperlinks, and other features from the text editor.
- Pipe survey content into the email to add helpful information.
- While editing in the email text box, select the piping icon on the right end of the edit menu.
- Click in your alert message where you would like to insert the answer text.
- Select the question you would like to pipe from.
- To attach a report to the email, toggle the switch to select Yes, next to ‘Attach a Report to this email’. Then, select from the following:
- Attach a copy of this survey response: This option will provide a link to an individual report. Paste this link into the email content.
- Attach a Saved Report of this survey: This option will show a selection from the Saved Reports section if any reports have been saved.
- As needed, edit the ‘Click here’ text that will appear as the report access link.
- For a multilingual survey, you will see the opportunity to translate email content. Instant Thanks messages are delivered to participants in their chosen language. Add translations through your preferred method, then Continue.
- To add translations manually, provide your text in the boxes shown.
- To auto-translate, click on the Bing icon beside the language name.
- Click on Save & Enable Rule.
When ‘Completed survey response received’ is set as a triggering event and a reopened survey is submitted again, this Instant Thanks message will be sent again.