This feature allows you to set up email alerts in relation to survey submissions. These alerts could be sent to you to inform you that a survey has been submitted, or they could go to participants as a thank-you message.
One of the most powerful way to trigger an email alert is based on a participant’s survey responses. In this case, choose the question of interest, then identify the answer or answers that tell SoGoSurvey to generate an alert.
In this case, the alert can let you know when something has gone wrong (a customer gives your product a bad review), when something has gone according to plan (a job applicant clicks on the checkbox that is aligned with a certain position), or simply an action should be taken based on the response (a customer asking for a return authorization on a product under warranty).
Whichever type of rule you choose, the email can be sent to any of several recipients, including:
- The participant
- A designated list of certain email addresses, separated by commas
- A pre-created SoGoSurvey email list you stored in Contact Manager
- An email address requested in the survey
Wrap up your survey design as much as possible before you set up these alerts. You can still edit the survey before launching, if needed, but it helps to have everything in order first.
Follow the steps listed below, to set up Rules and Alerts:
- Under the Design tab, select the survey, and click on Rules & Alerts.
- Click on New. From this same page, you can edit, view, delete, enable, or disable an already created Rules & Alerts condition.
- Completed survey response received: The alert is triggered when a participant completes his/her response by clicking on the Submit button at the end of the survey.
- Partial survey response received: The alert is trigerred when the survey is partially completed, i.e when the participant clicks on Save and Continue later in the survey. This option is available in Rules and Alerts only if you have enable Save and Edit Later from Survey Settings.
- Survey response meets the condition: The alert is triggered when a specific criteria is met in a submitted survey.
- Response threshold is met: The alert is triggered when a certain number of responses has been received.
- NPS Score Calculated after every Response: The alert is triggered when the NPS (Net Promoter Score™) for a question in the survey meets a certain condition. You can have multiple conditions and logic set up if you have more than one NPS question in the survey. This option is available in Rules and Alerts only if you have one or more NPS questions in the survey. For more information on how NPS score is calculated, please click here.
- Define the workflow action, which identifies who should receive alerts. Then, click Continue.
- Survey participant: If a survey is sent via single-use links, an email can be sent directly to the participant when they submit their response.
- To email address(es) listed below: Enter any email address(es) that should receive alerts.
- Everyone on an Email List: Alerts can be sent to a saved email list from Contact Manager.
- Response to an email question in this survey: If a survey includes a question for participants’ email addresses, alerts can be sent to those entered emails. (If no email questions are included in the survey, this option will not be available.)
- Define the email content, including the following:
- Be sure to customize Sender Name, Sender Email, and Subject.
- Customize the alert email content.
- Pipe survey content into the email to add helpful information.
- While editing in the email text box, select the piping icon on the right end of the edit menu.
- Click in your alert message where you would like to insert the answer text.
- Select the question you would like to pipe from, in the pop-up that opens up.
- To attach a report to the email, toggle the switch to select Yes, next to ‘Attach a Report to this email’. Then, select from the following:
- Attach a copy of this survey response: This option will provide a link to an individual report. Paste this link into the email content.
- Attach a Saved Report of this survey: This option will show a selection from the Saved Reports section if any reports have been saved.
- Click on Continue.
- Define the workflow schedule. This steps helps to set the plan in motion by identifying when alerts should be sent.
- Instantly upon receiving response: Alert sent immediately when condition is met.
- After a fixed delay from receiving response: Alert sent after designated delay following condition being met.
- On a stated Date and Time: Alert sent on the specified date and time.
- As per the stated time below: Alert sent on the daily, weekly, or monthly frequency specified in the rule.
- Based on a response to a Date type question in the survey: Alert sent on or a chosen number of days before/after the date a participant selects for a Date question. This alert will not be triggered if the date given is in the past. This option is not available if the trigger event is ‘Response threshold is met’.