Piping allows you to copy a previously selected answer option to the text of a question on a later page. This feature can be used to personalize your survey and focus participant attention.
- Under the Design tab, create or select a survey to edit.
- Ensure that your survey has a minimum of two pages because you cannot apply piping on the first page of your survey.
- Hover over any question from page two on and click on Edit. Again, piping cannot be applied on the first page.
- Click on Piping, then place the piping icon in the text where you want the answer option to appear.
- Select the question from which answer options will be piped. This dropdown menu will only display options from previous pages.
You can pipe multiple answer options to a question.
- As a best practice, set the piped-from question as Mandatory to ensure that participants complete this question.
- Preview your survey to check your piping. See the example below.
First page: Text Box question answer is to be piped to a question on the next page
Next page: Response from page 1 is piped into question on page 2