Reopen Submitted Responses
The Reopen Submitted Response feature allows a participant to modify and resubmit a previously submitted response. Two options are available:
A participant who submits the survey and immediately realizes a mistake has been made can re-open the survey from a link on the Thank You page.
A participant who realizes a mistake has been made after navigating away from the Thank You page can send a request to the survey administrator if the survey was accessed through a single-use link.
Reopen Submitted Response is only available in the Survey Tool.
To enable this option:
- Select a survey to edit.
- In the Design menu toolbar, clock on the Options icon and select ‘Thank You Page’ from the dropdown menu.
- Next to the option to Reopen Submitted Response, toggle on to enable.
- Enabling this option automatically updates the Already Participated message accordingly, as found under Event Messages.
- By default, the link reads ‘Edit your response’, but you may edit this as desired.
- Save your settings.
Re-open From Thank You Page
- Participants may edit responses immediately after submitting by clicking on the link on the Thank You page.
- Through this method, survey administrators do not need to be involved.
Participants who have received single-use link email invitations can click the same link again for instructions on contacting the survey administrator to re-open the survey. The Already Participated message includes the relevant email address.
As a survey administrator, you can address these requests from Track Survey.
- Select the relevant survey from the Dashboard, click on Publish
- Click on Track Survey.
- Click on ‘Go to Single use link’.
- Select the appropriate email address.
- Click on Allow Reopen.
- A pop-up will provide you with the participation link. Now, you may share this link with the participant or direct the participant to click again on the link in the original invitation. Both methods will allow the participant to modify and resubmit the response.
- If you need to disable this option, select the appropriate email address and click on End Reopen.
Only single-use access options like Single-use Link Email Invitations, Single-use Survey Passwords, and SMS Invitations can be reopened from Track Survey. Anonymous Surveys cannot be reopened.
- Within Track Survey, surveys that are reopened and edited will be identified with the status ‘Completed (edited)’.
- Clicking on the Detailed log button will provide more specific information on when the responses were edited and resubmitted.
Both Rules & Alerts and Instant Thanks messages set for delivery upon receipt of completed responses will be triggered again when a response is resubmitted.