IntelliMatrix is a form of skip logic or branching that can only be applied on the Matrix Grid question type. In one package, this feature allows you to combine the benefits of a Matrix Grid with the positive features of skip logic.
Create an IntelliMatrix through the following steps:
- Under the Design tab, create a survey or select an existing survey to edit.
- Add a Matrix Grid question and include two or more sub-questions. IntelliMatrix can be applied on Radio Button Rating Radio Button, and Rating Scale questions.
- Hover on this question, and select Branching under the More… button. A pop-up window will appear, displaying all the questions of your survey:
- Select the Matrix Grid question on which this feature should be applied.
- Under the ‘If’ section, select the question that will decide which other sub-questions need to be enabled.
- From the dropdown under the ‘is’ section, select the type of condition. There are three conditions to choose from:
- Equal to: Allows you to set only one column of the sub question as a factor to enable other sub-questions.
- On the right of (including): The set column and all columns to its right become a factor to enable other sub-questions.
- On the left of (including): The set column and all columns to its left become a factor to enable other sub-questions.
- Under the Columns dropdown, set the column of the sub-question through which you want to apply the logic; i.e., the decision question.
- The sub-questions you want to enable will be displayed below the skip logic condition in the form of check boxes.
Sub-questions that haven’t been set under IntelliMatrix will be enabled by default.