For example, if you have run a product feedback survey, you might want to compare the responses provided by male and female participants.
Comparison Report Overview
Generate Comparison Report
These steps will allow you to generate a Comparison Report:
- Under the Report tab, select a survey and then click on Comparison.
- Select questions you want to include on your report and click on Continue.
- On the next step, you can reorder the questions for the best presentation of your information.On the ‘Survey
- Data Sets’ step, define the data to be compared.
- From the dropdown menu, choose the number of data sets.
- Create the first data set.
- Choose a descriptive name.
- Click on Yes to apply a condition.
- Define the condition by selecting a question from the dropdown, choosing is/is not, and choosing an answer option.
- Click on Add Condition.
- Repeat the same steps to define the remaining data sets.
- Click on Continue.
- Select properties that you want to display in your report:
- Display Count: Displays the response count in your report
- Display Percentage: Lets you customize the number of decimals to be displayed for response percentage
- Exclude All ‘Did not Answer‘ is used to exclude the count of unanswered question from the number of total respondents for a question.
- Click on Generate to create the report. You can now see how each of your selected groups has responded to each question. Data sets appear side by side for ease of comparison.
Review/Modify Comparison Report
To modify a generated report, clicking on ‘Modify this Report’ will redirect you to the first step of the report wizard.
Survey Metrics: Survey Metrics displays Date, Invitation, and Responses Metrics, which provide details about the responses included in the generated report. You may click on the Edit icon beside the Survey Metrics option to show or hide particular Date, Invitation, and Response Metrics.
Properties: All report properties and response languages present in the generated report are visible here. You can edit, remove, or add the field which you want in the report by clicking on the Edit icon. If you are generating a report for a multilingual survey, you may review responses submitted for particular language by selecting it from the language dropdown menu.
Exclude All ‘Did not Answer‘ is used to exclude the count of unanswered question from the number of total respondents for a question. This feature can be applied to all report questions, from the Properties menu, or to individual questions.
Show Graphs: To view your comparison report in a graphical display, click ‘Show Graph’ in the Properties menu. Each item in your report will be displayed with both a table and graph, as below:
Modify Comparison Report Appearance
Follow these steps to change the appearance of your graph(s) within the report:
- Under the Report tab, select your survey and choose Comparison.
- Follow the wizard to generate your report.
- To modify a basic chart, switch from Basic to Advanced in the top right corner. Then use the Chart Type dropdown menu to make your selection.
- As desired, you may also choose your preferred colors from the Color Scheme dropdown.