One of the many ways to avoid survey bias is to use the ‘Question Sequence’ feature in your survey.
This feature allows you to decide how questions will be displayed to participants each time the survey is accessed. Questions can be displayed as entered, rotated, or randomized.
Follow the steps listed below to set up the Question Sequence feature:
- Create a survey or edit an existing survey.
- From the Design menu bar, click on Question Sequence.
- Select your preferred Question Sequence option from the choices provided.
- As Entered – Default, displays questions in the sequence entered
- Rotate – Rotates questions by one position each time the survey is accessed
- Randomize – Displays questions in a random order each time survey is accessed
This feature is especially useful when you are conducting a quiz or assessment. Participants who sit next to each other may be presented with the same questions in completely different order, increasing the chances that their work will be completed independently.