Unique ID Lists
When you do not have email addresses for your participants but you don’t want your questionnaire to be open to the public, you can use a Unique ID List under Contact Lists. Unique IDs may be created from employee or student ID numbers, for example. These Lists will be used to generate single- or multi-use survey passwords.
Create Unique ID List
- Select your project, then click on the Publish icon.
- On the far right end of the menu bar, click on Contact Lists.
- Click on Create New, then choose List.
- On the first step of the list creation wizard, identify your list and type.
- Enter a unique and descriptive name for the list.
- Select Unique ID List as your list type.
- Under Select Source, choose how to load your contacts.
- Import from file:
- Supported file formats include .csv, .xls and .xlsx.
- You may choose to include a single-column file of only unique Id.
- If you have used Pre-Population in your project, your file should include a column for each field.
- All columns in the file will be uploaded.
- Copy from another list: Import previously created Contact Lists.
- Import from project responses:
- If unique IDs are collected as responses in any of your projects, this option will be available.
- From the dropdown, select from the available projects.
- Add individual contacts manually:
- Use this option when adding just a few contacts or if you do not have a file to import.
- By default, only the Unique ID column is available, but you can add more columns by clicking + Columns on the right.
- Import from file:
- For all sources except manual, you’ll next see the step to map fields in your list. Here, you can do the following:
- Identify the column of Unique IDs to be used for delivery by hovering over it and clicking the lock icon.
- Rename columns as needed.
- Re-arrange columns as desired.
- Delete unwanted columns.
- Click Done to create your List.
Only one column on a Contact List can be selected for use as the Unique ID.
Reviewing and managing your list is quick and easy. Just select a list and click on View/Modify:
- Add Contacts:
Add or update contacts within your list. You can also add new columns record. You’ll have the following options:
- Add new records to your list: Update your Contact List with new records and other details.
- Update existing records and add new records to your list: Add Unique IDs and additional fields of content. If these records already exist, they will be updated. If not, they will be added as new records.
- Update existing records in your list: Change details for your existing records.
Deleting is permanent and cannot be reversed. The following options are available:
- Delete Selected:Choose to delete selected contacts.
- Delete all: Remove all contacts from the list.
- Edit Selected:
Choose to modify selected records.
- Export Contacts:
- Export Selected: Download only the selected records.
- Export All: Download all records.
- Export Filtered: Download filtered records.
- Archive contacts:
Improve list quality and ratings by choosing to archive contacts no longer valid or in use.
Keep your Contact Lists up to date by updating records, adding in new fields, or hiding fields.
- Select the List you want to modify.
- Choose View/Modify.
- Click on Modify Fields.
- You’ll see all the existing columns within the list.
- To remove an entire column of data, click on the remove icon next to the column header. To hide it, click on the eye icon.
- To arrange the sequence, just drag and drop the columns into the preferred order.
- To edit a column header, click on the column text.
- To display hidden fields, click Show all fields.
- Click Done to save the changes.