After participants have submitted their responses, you have the ability to redirect them to the URL of your choice. Whether this URL is the website of your organization or specific project, or even a new copy of the same survey, this feature provides you with the ability to lead participants in a helpful direction even after the survey is done.
Two types of URLs are available: static and dynamic.
A Static URL is a web address that remains the same for every participant. Each survey participant will be redirected to the same URL after survey completion.
Example Scenario: You want to conduct an online quiz and want to redirect a series of participants to the same quiz.
Here are the steps to set up a Static URL as a redirect option:
- Under the Design tab, create or select to edit an existing survey.
- Click on Settings.
- Click Thank You Page, select Re-direct, and toggle the switch to select Yes for ‘Would you like to redirect respondents to a URL you specify upon submission of the survey?’.
- From the dropdown menu, select the type of URL as Static.
- Specify the desired URL in the space provided, and save the changes.
- Preview your survey.
- If you have not chosen to show a Thank You page, you’ll be taken directly to the new link.
- If you have chosen to display a Thank You page, you will see the Continue button at the bottom. Clicking Continue will lead to the selected URL. For example, clicking on Continue after submitting responses to the quiz displays a new instance of the quiz. The same person or someone else can then participate in the same quiz.
A Dynamic URL changes based on the responses provided by the survey participant. The piece of the web address that changes is called a variable. These variables are the survey responses.
Example Scenario: You may want to redirect survey participants to domains that they selected while taking your survey.
Follow steps in this example situation to set up a Dynamic URL as a redirect option for your surveys:
- Add a Drop Down or Radio Button question in a survey, specifying various domains — Yahoo, Google, Bing, Baidu.
- Click on Options.
- Select Re-direct, and toggle the switch to select Yes.
- In the dropdown displayed, select the type of URL as Dynamic.
- Select the chosen question number. In this case, Q1 is the question about domain.
- Copy the question code provided and paste it in the URL, as shown in the screenshot below.
- When the survey has been submitted:
- If you’ve chosen to display a Thank You page, a Continue button will be displayed at the bottom. As soon as the participant clicks on this button, he/she will be redirected to the domain that was selected while participating in the survey.
- If you’ve chosen not to display a Thank You page, the participant will be taken directly to the new URL.