By default, open-ended text answers are displayed in both card and word cloud views to provide enhanced visibility of responses. Open-ended questions not formatted as ‘general’ will only be displayed in card view.
By default, complete responses for a selected number of participants will be displayed on individual cards, with an option below to see all responses.
Customize Card View
For each card displayed, you’ll see the following options:
- Bookmark a response by clicking on the bookmark icon.
- Show participant details like:
- Response Number
- Participation Access
- IP Address
- Hover over the question and click on the three-dot menu to display these options:
- Choose All to display all cards.
- Choose Bookmarked to see only your bookmarked cards.
- Choose Hidden to view the card you chose to hide.
- Apply Filter
- Choose to display the question at the end of the report.
- Reset to default
- Hover over a card and click on the three-dot menu to display these options:
- Hide all cards
- Add all cards to Canvas
Select cards to Hide/Add as needed.
A word cloud is a visual representation of text responses that highlights terms based on their frequency of use. Larger words indicate higher frequency of use.
To learn how many times a certain word has appeared among responses, hover over the word itself.
Word clouds are only displayed for textbox questions formatted as ‘general’.
Customize Word Cloud
To customize display or add it to the canvas, hover over the word cloud and click on the three-dot icon that appears.
- Click Add to Canvas to copy to the report canvas.
- Click Customize Word Cloud to modify the display, including:
- Max Words: Identify the maximum number of words to be displayed. Default is 50.
- Word Orientation: Choose the direction(s) in which words should be presented, namely Horizontal, Vertical, Horizontal & Vertical, or Angled. Default is Horizontal & Vertical.
- Filter Words: Click this link and then enter any words you’d like to have removed. Choose to apply this filter from this or all open-ended responses.
By default, pronouns, articles, and other common words are filtered out. Click here for a full list.